Friday, March 13, 2009

"The snow is all sparkly!" came the exclamation of an excited preschooler. Excited to be outside exploring the woods. No doubt she has been inside too much lately. Kids need to be outside. They need to stretch their legs and get a little crazy. They need to play in the sparkly snow.

It was a little chilly today, but the snow definitely sparkled. Go check it out. On a sunny day with icy snow, the ground looks like it's covered in diamonds. It actually shimmers. If I could creat snowflake beads, I would make myself some jewelry. There is nothing like it. You will notice that I don't have a picture. Not only do I not have my camera with me today, but that particular site is difficult to capture. You have to have just the right angle in just the right patch of sunlight. I'm afraid I can't find that with 20 preschoolers at my heels. But I love to listen to them delight in it. So, go outside and check out the snow. You'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment